Monday, August 29, 2011

Earth and Sky

I finished the Westknits mystery KAL "Earth and Sky" a few days ago.  After a good blocking, I decided that it needed a really nice background for the photo shoot. 
I drive past these two great historic cemeteries every morning when I take my children to school.  Each is surrounded by beautiful old dry wall fences and are filled with old head stones belonging to people who were born and/or died in the 1800's.
There are many Civil War soldiers buried here also.   In fact, the newest resident to be intered here was a Civil War soldier who's bones were found in 2009 during road construction near the Franklin battlefield.  Along with the bones were several Union buttons and a mini ball.
A monument was erected at the Unknown Soldier burial site using column and pediment pieces that were from the State Capital in Nashville.   We really enjoyed walking around the cemetery and reading many of the old headstones.
Oh, yes, and back to the shawl.  I love it.  It's nice and big and will keep me warm this fall and winter.
 
  
 I decided to make a matching shawl pin from polymer clay.


I mixed some colors to match and then used techniques found in Julie Picarello's new book Patterns in Color.  For the pin, I used one of my favorite Knit Picks size US0 double pointed knitting needles that one of my children sat on and broke!  At least it has been put to good use.





No comments:

Post a Comment