Monday, August 8, 2011

It's a Mystery

I love joining Mystery Knit a Longs and this summer I found myself doing three.  One is finished and I'm currently working on two more.  All three are shawls.  All three have four clues sent out weekly.  The rules of the mystery knit a long prevent the participants from posting progress pictures on their blogs or as the first picture on their Ravelry project page to keep from spoiling the surprise for others.  So I can only post the finished shawl but will link to my project page for a peek of the other two.

The first two I signed up for are the She-Knits Mystery 8 Donna & Gwen
Donna began June 23rd and was a lot of fun.  I knit mine with Araucania Lonco which is a fingering weight cotton.  A great yarn for summer. 
There was an unusual weaving technique in this one.  I love how the red and green look together.

The second She-Knits shawl  Gwen began July 20th and I have finished clue three and am looking forward to the final clue to come out on Wednesday.  Gwen is a beaded shawl.

The third Mystery KAL is Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2011: Earth and Sky.  I love Stephen West's patterns and knew it would be a great pattern.  I jumped on the band wagon when there were about 300 people signed up and now there are over 2200 people signed up!!!  The first clue was August 1 and the second clue came out this morning.  Both of these first two clues are small and we were told in today's clue that next week will be the heavy knitting clue.  I can't wait to see how it comes out.  I chose three colors of Knit Picks Stroll Tonal sock yarn - which I love. 

I'll post the finished shawls soon.

Here is a look back at some of the other She-Knits KALs that I have done - all felted bags.

She-Knits Mystery KAL #5 - Samantha & Kimmy Together
She Knits Mystery KAL #2 - Autumn
She-Knits Mystery KAL (the first) - Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment