Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Log Cabin and Shetland Shorty

I finished my Lob Cabin blanket. 

It turned out great. 

Details:

Pattern:  Log Cabin Blanket inspired by Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale (100% Cotton)
Needles:  size 8
Size: 7 inch squares.  4 x 6 = 24 squares.    28 x 42 inches
Edging: 5 stitch applied I-cord

The recipient will be my 80 year old Mother-in-law who always seems to be cold.  And how lucky for me that Mother's Day is this Sunday.  So, this will make a wonderful Mother's Day gift for her.  My mother was visiting recently and I showed her the almost finished blanket and explained who it was for and why.  Her response was "Well, I get cold too."  So we will have to remedy that!


I also recently finished a pretty little cover up for my 12 year old daughter. 

It is the Shetland Shorty from Knitty.com.  I used some beautiful yarn from Knit Picks.  I love their yarns and needles.  This will be a great cover up and should hopefully fit her for many years to come. 


And I just cast on for the last of 24 squares for my Barn Raising blanket.  So, I will start sewing them together soon.  This is an early Christmas present and I never get gifts done this early so that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blanket....and I love knit picks yarns too. I think they're good, honest products, decently priced in times of overprized stuff. I am knitting Spud and Chloe at the farm with Wool of the Andes and some additions/leftovers....This week it will be Spud, following Susan B. Anderson's blog.Your daughter is a cutrie, she seems to like it!

    ReplyDelete